Koh Samui, Thailand, provides a long list of things to do whilst visiting. Here are my top 10 things to do and see in Koh Samui, which will make your experience all that more enjoyable!
1) Day trip Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan: This is without a doubt the top thing to do if you are visiting Koh Samui. I loved it so much, I did a blog post all about it here.
2) Fisherman’s Village Night Market: the atmosphere at the Fisherman’s Village Night Market is amazing and definitely cannot be missed. It also gives you the chance to shop and eat some delicious food!
3) Chaweng Noi View Point: This is one of those tourist stops that you kinda just need to do, because it is beautiful! On a clear day, you can see all the way up Chaweng Beach and across the Gulf of Thailand.
4) Na Muang Waterfall: the largest waterfall in Koh Samui, and another tourist spot, so hit the waterfall at an off peak time. Either go in the morning or afternoon, so that you can actually have a swim. Otherwise you’ll be fighting your way through to the water. Either way, it is a good one to see! I must say though, at the beginning of the trail leading to the waterfall is a company that does elephant rides. You can feed the elephants which is fun, but leave it at that.
5) Hin Ta and Hin Yai Rocks: another tourist spot, but one that shouldn’t be missed. The name of the rocks translates to grandmother and grandfather rock, and well, the photos let you know what that means. Aside from the rocks, the view of the beautiful clear water, is another bonus to see!
6) Cooking Class: We took an incredible cooking class with Smiley Cook and it was so much fun! From going to the local markets for fresh ingredients, to making 4 delicious Thai dishes, you can’t go wrong! Oh and you’ll learn about the million types of eggplants!
7) Chaweng: the main part of the island is Chaweng. Although it is busy, it is definitely one to visit. The streets are filled with stalls, restaurants and spas, making for a great day out.
8) Central Festival: the new shopping centre of Koh Samui, is Central Festival. I wouldn’t usually put this on a top 10 things to do, however, this shopping centre has a number of local shops and a supermarket that is so fun to explore, if you’re a foreigner. The shopping centre is also home to Starbucks…the place for coffee!!
9) Green Bird Restaurant: Green Bird restaurant, located in Chaweng, is an amazing local restaurant, with a menu filled with incredible Thai food. Doesn’t look great from the outside, but oh my, the food was amazing! We went here three times…let’s just leave it at that!
10) Big Buddha: once again, a major tourist spot, but one that you should definitely see if you’re up for a touristy day. Go in the late afternoon, and you’ll see a spectacular sunset.